Date(s) - 19 Nov '20
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dr Watermeyer (Visiting Adjunct Professor, School of Construction Economics and Management, University of the Witwatersrand) will set the background for this conversation by exploring the following themes:
– Is procurement a back office or strategic function?
– What differentiates infrastructure procurement from general procurement?
– What is the role of built environment professionals in infrastructure procurement?
– How does government view and regulate infrastructure procurement and how effective is it?
– What are the open ended questions in the draft Procurement Bill for infrastructure?
Alwyn Laubscher (COO, AL&A) will be facilitating the event and session panellists yet to be confirmed, will further engage with Dr Watermeyer with input from delegates, both before and during the event.