Date(s) - 07 Jun '21 - 18 Jun '21
SAPOA’s Public Sector Property Programme aims to develop knowledge and skills in the public sector property management sectors in South Africa.
This programme will develop knowledge and skills through providing an understanding of the key theories and concepts in property management, finance, legislation, marketing and technology aids in property management and coupled with how they are applied in practical scenarios.
Participants are expected to follow a structured learning programme, comprising of lectures, assignments and formal as well as informal assessments and learners are expected to actively participate in programme activities, interactive case studies Individual and team learning
The following are the main topics dealt with:
- Contracts Tenders Leasing.
- RHA, FICA, CPA.
- Property Management ombudsman and EAAB Government Immovable Asset Management Act Public sector policies and white papers.
- Title deeds and conveyancing.
- Property Charter.
- Construction Charter.
- Financial management and the PFMA Financing options.
- Tax issues Property cycles.
- Local economic factors MPRA.
- Broker relations.
- Manager I tenant relations Management plans and reports Facilities management Utilities management.
- Contractor negotiations and relationships Customer satisfaction and service.
- Feasibility and viability analysis Investment criteria for public sector Development as an investment Gentrification and inner-city regeneration.
- Project management.
- Valuation of public buildings.
- Selected specialised buildings i.e. historical buildings Town planning and related considerations.
Green and environmental aspects:
- Managing environmental issues.
Impact of green features.
- Functioning in a group.
- Strategy, mission and vision stress management.
SAPOA Member: R 43,575.00 (excl. VAT).
Non-Member: R 64,260.00 (excl. VAT).