Date(s) - 31 May '21 - 29 Oct '21
SAPOA’s Property Management Programme provides participants with a comprehensive overview of processes and decision making in the property management work environment.
Participants are expected to follow a structured learning programme, comprising of lectures, assignments and formal as well as informal assessments and learners are expected to actively participate in programme activities, interactive case studies Individual and team learning
The following are the main topics dealt with:
- Introduction – The Bill of Rights Property management principles.
- Management plans and management reporting Retail property management.
- Office, industrial and residential Property management.
- Office management.
- People management and interaction with stakeholders.
- Property owner/property manager relations Property management marketing.
- Property broking.
- Local authority, and energy management Property management and related legislation Lease agreement and related contracts.
- Lease negotiations and concluding agreements Tenant relations/broker relations.
- Introduction to property maintenance Technical components, building inspections and housekeeping.
- Procurement and management of service provider contracts.
- OHS Act and other environmental, health and safety issues.
- Administration and accounting principles Budgeting and income/expenditure management Property management economics and planning Property finance and investment.
- Fund and asset management Property development.
- Fixed property risk management Property valuation.
Date: Week 1 – 31st of May – 4 June 2021; Week 2 – 25th – 29th October 2021
SAPOA Members :R 35 800.00 (excl. VAT).
Non-Members : R 52 440.00 (excl. VAT).