Date(s) - 10 Jun '21
To begin a career in valuation, it is essential that you demonstrate comprehension of the correct methods to use for performance analysis, financing decision, development advice or transactional decisions. Specifically, this means knowing when, how and why to use the various valuation methods available.
This course will enable attendees to assess the property market and to be in a position to recognise which situations require which types of valuation, choose and apply the right methodology and create the valuation report in line with RICS best practice and international standards. Attendees will also learn how to work with clients.
Overall, this course will furnish participants with the skills to be able to begin work on valuation projects and demonstrate your ability to critically analyse valuations, identify red flags, and allow attendees to exercise their professional judgment. Gain detailed knowledge on the fundamentals of valuation practice and take the first steps towards working as a valuer of property or other asset classes.
- Add a holistic economic overview to your property market thought processes.
- Discover the practical research needed to prepare and produce a valuation.
- Find out how to find, weigh and analyse the comparable evidence to underpin your valuation.
- Understand how the numbers are produced when more unusual property is valued.
- Put the Valuation Standards into practice to confirm instructions and produce valuation reports consistently.
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc candidates.
- Individuals looking to start a career in valuation or gain a fundamental grounding in valuation methods and practice.
- Professionals who need to create or work with valuations on a day to day basis including professionals working in finance functions or departments and real estate.