Date(s) - 09 Nov '20 - 13 Nov '20
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The FMP is an intensive five-day (5) course structured to serve all built environment practitioners offered in collaboration with Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and with the South African Property Owner Association (SAPOA). A practice orientated assignment has to be submitted within two months after classroom attendance of the course. The FMP is aimed at people in first and middle management positions, structured to enhance innovative thinking and entrepreneurship. It is not recipe based, but strongly focussed on innovation and career development. We learn people to think! Private sector practitioners as well as the public sector have substantially benefitted from this course over the years. More than 1 300 delegates, including many persons from other countries, have attended this course, assisted to follow a lucrative FM career path.
Facilities Management is a rapidly growing built environment career, which offers numerous and diverse job opportunities. Prepare to get your slice of the action!
Structure & contents
The FMP has been structured to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of facilities management and the application thereof in practice. The objective of the course is to distinguish between asset management, property management, facilities management, maintenance management and to equip delegates with a knowledge base suitable for structuring and executing a facilities management strategy.
The following are the main topics dealt with:
• Facilities management defined
• Body of knowledge/competencies
• Structure of the built environment
• General and Strategic management, Business plans
• Space creation and management
• Administration, information and communication technology
• Building information modelling and facilities management computerisation
• Asset and property management; Financial management
• The client, service level agreements and (post) occupancy management
• Benchmarking and performance management
• Services: Outsourcing/in-house provision
• Condition assessment and maintenance budgeting: Maintenance management; Pest control
• Intelligent, energy efficient and green buildings; Passive environmental control
• Facilities management legal environment: Law of contracts; Dispute resolution; Lease agreement; Leasing of space; Delict and the facilities manager
• Marketing and public relations
• Human resources
• Occupational health and safety
• Risk management
• Regulatory environment
• Facilities manager as project manager
• Total quality management
• Public private partnerships
• Facilities management quo vadis: Education, innovation and research
As part of our ongoing quality assurance, candidates take part in the following:
• A short open book “Knowledge Gained Survey” on the final day of the programme
• Compilation and submission of a practical and own workplace applicable assignment two months after completion of the course.
• The course content is extensive, but delegates receive comprehensive study material for utilisation when preparing the assignment, and for future career development.
A certificate of competence is issued to delegates who have taken part in the knowledge survey and completed the assignment successfully. A certificate of attendance is issued to other delegates. In terms of the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) Framework for Delegated Functions, Higher Education Institutions (HEI) have the authority to quality assure its own Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) and the certification is thus also SAQA compliant.
Who should attend?
The concept and implementation of facilities management have become a major service and career focus. This course consistently enjoys very favourable evaluations from delegates. It has depth, and it offers immediate practical applications that energise and build careers. It has a proven track record that demonstrates career enhancement for persons on all levels who are responsible for the management of facilities of all types. Candidates come from the private and public sector, many from other countries, to attend the FMP.
Comments from delegates who attended previous FMP courses facilitated by CEA:
• Very informative; thought provoking; useful for practical implementation.
• He always made me feel like I must apply what he delivered.
• Amazed that Facilities Management plays such an integral part with environmental aspects.
• Taught things that we never thought about.
• I have developed a completely new approach towards my job.
• I learnt a great deal that I didn’t know and the material will be a good reference in the future.
• The course provided an excellent insight into the need for Facilities Management.
• It was empowering and productive!
• This is a great course and is very helpful.
• The best!
Accommodation and transport are for the attendees’ own accounts. A list of suitable accommodation in different price ranges is available on request. All the course material, refreshments and lunch are included in the course fee.
Non-Members- R17,600 ( VAT exempt)
The course fee must be paid prior to attendance. An invoice will be issued on acceptance of your registration. Delegates, particularly public sector applicants, must ensure that the applicable account for this course is on the sponsor’s vendors list. Before delegates register, they should ensure that their attendance has been approved and an official order is issued where applicable. If the sponsor fails to settle the course fee, the delegate will be held personally responsible for payment.
1. Successful applicants will be advised of their acceptance, as soon as possible.
2. Please complete and submit your application form. Make and keep a copy for yourself.
3. With your acceptance to the course, an invoice and the relevant banking information will be provided for immediate payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Faxed or e-mailed registration forms constitute valid reservations and after acceptance the applicant will be held responsible for payment.
FAX OR EMAIL a copy of deposit slip together with your registration form to:
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Fax: 086 586 2024
T: 012 808 9959