Date(s) - 06 Sep '21 - 01 Oct '21
The overall aim of this course is to provide students with good working knowledge of the investment and financing decisions of investors in real estate and financial markets. It is also meant to prepare you for further studies in real estate valuation, property management, real estate investments and finance.
After completing this course, students will acquire complete introduction to the investment decision process by acquiring working knowledge of the issues involved in investment decision-making and the financing of investment projects and the impact of debt on investment profitability.
Specifically, students should be able to:
- Apply basic investment decision criteria of NPVs and IRR to evaluate different investment decisions.
- Define risk and explain how to measure it.
- Explain and illustrate how diversification reduces risk and model it in EXCEL.
- Analyse the impact of debt on the risk and profitability of different types of property investments.
- Differentiate between put and call options and analyse how options occur in real estate transactions.
The following topics will be addressed during this course:
- Time: value of money.
- Risk, return, and the opportunity: cost of capital.
- Asset pricing.
- Capital budgeting and risk.
- Corporate financing and market efficiency.
- The dividend controversy.
- Does debt policy matter?
- How much should a firm borrow?
- Financing and valuation.
- Options and option valuation.
- Real options.
R26 300.00 excl. VAT (SAPOA member).
R32 800.00 excl. VAT (non-SAPOA member).