Date(s) - 24 Mar '22 - 24 Nov '22
This course will teach students the essentials of commercial property management with a focus on office buildings, shopping centres, and industrial sites.
On completion, you should be able to:
- Explain the nature of property management.
- Analyse a property management business plan.
- Develop a marketing and leasing plan.
- Manage lease negotiations.
- Perform financial analysis and budgeting.
- Apply the requisite management techniques for various property types.
- Manage a maintenance program as well as plan for safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Management.
- Real Estate Market Research.
- Real Estate Investments and Finance.
- The Business Plan.
- Developing a Marketing and Leasing Plan.
- Preparing to Lease a Building.
- Preparing for Lease Negotiations.
- Negotiating the Commercial Lease.
- Leasing Opportunities.
- Developing a Leasing Program.
- Administration and Record Keeping.
- Financial Analysis for Real Estate Managers.
- Efficient and Cost-Effective Maintenance Management Programs.
- Safety, Security, and Emergency Procedures
- Shopping Center Management.
- Office Building Management.
- Medical Office Building and Clinical Facilities Management.
- Industrial Real Estate Management.
- The Commercial Real Estate Development Process.
- Renovating, Rehabbing, and Repositioning Commercial Properties.
A Matric certificate and 2 years working experience in property / real estate.
A smart device with a webcam (desktop pc, laptop or tablet); working internet connection, Adobe Flash.
Assessment will be based on class participation during the course, assignments and a written exam. The final grade will consist of mid-term test (30% of final grade), in class presentation (20%), submission of assignments (30% of final grade), final exam (20%).
R33 825.00 excl. VAT (SAPOA members)
R39 860.00 excl. VAT (non-SAPOA members)