Date(s) - 25 Mar '21 - 12 Nov '21
This course will teach the essentials of commercial property management. Focusing on office buildings, shopping centres, and industrial sites.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the nature of property management.
- Analyze a property management business plan.
- Develop a marketing and leasing plan.
- Manage lease negotiations.
- Perform financial analysis and budgeting.
- Apply the requisite management techniques for various property types.
- Manage a maintenance program as well as plan for safety, security an emergency procedures.
This course is divided into the the following topics:
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Market Research
- Real Estate Investments and Finance
- The Business Plan
- Developing a Marketing and Leasing Plan
- Preparing to Lease a Building
- Preparing for Lease Negotiations
- Negotiating the Commercial Lease
- Leasing Opportunities
- Developing a Leasing Program
- Administration and Record Keeping
- Financial Analysis for Real Estate Managers
- Efficient and Cost-Effective Maintenance Management Programs
- Safety, Security, and Emergency Procedures
- Shopping Centre Management
- Office Building Management
- Medical Office Building and Clinical Facilities Management
- Industrial Real Estate Management
- The Commercial Real Estate Development Process
- Renovating, Rehabbing, and Repositioning Commercial Properties
R31 910.00 (SAPOA member fee)
R39 860.00 (non-SAPOA member fee)