Date(s) - 03 Sep '19 - 07 Sep '19
The goal of this course is to introduce participants to real estate as an asset, a bundle of rights and an industry. It will also introduce them to institutions that make up the sector or whose activities affect the real estate sector.
After completing the course you should be able to:
- Identify elements of the built environment.
- Identify and explain the roles of the principal professions that span the conception, design, implementation and operation of the built environment
- Explain the characteristics of real estate as an asset, a bundle of rights and a profession
- Discuss the nature and characteristics of real estate markets
- Analyse the rights inherent in real estate ownership and how these rights can be transferred.
- Explain the basic components of market analysis for the different asset classes.
- Perform real estate cash flow analysis and apply this to basic investment decisions as well as basic valuations of commercial property.
- Distinguish between the different sources of financing real estate
- Explain the functions and the role of property management in enhancing asset value.
- Explain how to handle marketing and sales of different types of real estate.
- Real estate as an asset class and an industry
- Residential market analysis, office and retail property market analysis
- Real estate property rights, fixtures and ownership
- Contracts, transferring real property interests and leases.
- Negotiation, ethics and risk management in the contracting process.
- Land use controls and property taxes
- Cash flow analysis
- Risk analysis, leverage and due diligence
- Introduction to real estate finance
- Introduction to real estate investments
- Introduction to real estate valuation
- Introduction to real estate development
- Introduction to property management
- Introduction to real estate sales and marketing
Who should attend?
This course will be of value to individuals, small business owners, and middle management executives who need formal training in the field who are unable to work towards formal degrees.
SAPOA Member rate: R16 850.00
SAPOA Non-Member rate: R21 000.00