Date(s) - 13 Apr '21
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join SAPOA on Tuesday, the 13th of April 2021 to discuss the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
This webinar will cover:
• A general overview of the POPIA and the constitutional right to privacy;
• The status, purpose and application of POPIA;
• Important definitions provided for in POPIA e.g. ‘data subject’, ‘responsible party’, etc. and the general principles underlying the concept of ‘consent’;
• Processing of personal information and the conditions for lawful processing;
• Processing of special personal information;
• The establishment of an Information Regulator;
• Implementation of POPIA; and Penalties and compliance in respect of POPIA.
- Venolan Naidoo, Senior Associate at Fasken.
- Owethu Mbambo, Senior Associate at Fasken.
- Andi Michalow, Associate at Fasken.
R500.00 excl. VAT (SAPOA members only).