Date(s) - 15 Apr '21 - 16 Apr '21
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
This course is designed to expose participants to introductory financial mathematics, which are implemented within a spreadsheet environment (Excel) within a commercial property context.
On completion, participants will:
- Understand the fundamentals of financial mathematics applicable to commercial property.
- Understand the Excel environment.
- Understand the alignment of financial mathematics with the basic financial functions in Excel.
- Build a basic property cash flow, which comprise live variables.
- Understand how to calculate an initial return.
- Understand how to apply conditional formatting.
- Implement graphs to summarise data.
- Build a dynamic amortisation table.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit those who operate in the commercial property industry but have not acquired formal excel training or feel the need to refresh their basic Excel skills. This includes junior/middle management level professionals that struggle to convert non-automated property data into customised spread sheets for bespoke analysis.
Participants are required to have access to a computer with a recent version of Excel (either Windows or Apple based machines are acceptable).
R2 200.00 (SAIBPP members), R2 760.00 excl. VAT (non-SAIBPP members).