Date(s) - 28 May '20
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join API Events on Thursday, the 28th of May at 14h00 CAT for their webinar: The role of DFI’s & Financial Institutions in the post Covid-19 recovery.
Moderated by Fusion Capital’s Chairman Phil Goodwin, and featuring Nedbank CIB’s Gerhard Zeelie, the CDC’s Gozie Chigbu, the DFC’s Debra Erb as well as TDB’s John Esther, this session will provide insights by some of the leading financial institutions engaged in African real estate projects.
- Financial institution interventions and decisions – how will they deal with imminent covenant defaults and how will they manage debt investments ?
- Can we expect funding from banks/institutions for new development projects in Africa in the next six to 12 months?
- The impact on exits – what does this mean for their exit strategies, and will exit pricing expectations change dramatically?
- Management of assets and investments remotely – with travel bans in place indefinitely; how will international and regional financial institutions manage their assets and investments over the next three to six months
- Going forward – what role will DFI’s have in the overall post Covid-19 recovery? How will future investment decisions change and what opportunities or green shoots will come out of this period?