A last reminder to all property professionals to register for the Western Cape Property Development Forum’s annual conference taking place this Thursday, the 20th of May and Friday, the 21st of May.
Under the theme ‘Vision for Growth’, this year’s online conference will be a pivotal event for the private and public sectors, with the shared goal of plotting a way forward and to recover the ground lost in the industry over the past few years.
CPD points have been confirmed for this event as follows:
- ASAQS: 2 CPD hours per day or 4 CPD hours for attendance for both days (Category 1).
- ECSA (via SAICE): 0.3 CPD credits (3 hours) per day or 0.6 CPD credits (6 hours) for attendance for both days.
- SACAP (via CIfA): 0.5 CPD credits per day or 1 CPD credit for attendance for both days.
- SACPCMP: 2 CPD hours per day or 4 CPD hours for attendance for both days.
- SACPLAN: 2 CPD points per day or 4 CPD points for attendance for both days.
- SAGC: 0.5 CPD credits per day or 1 CPD credit for attendance for both days (Category 1).
The following keynote speakers will be on the platform:
Day 1 (Thursday 20 May):
- Professor Nick Binedell (Professor of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science): “The Importance of starting with a vision”.
- Professor Miriam Altman (South African economist, strategist, social activist, and Director of Altman Advisory): “Public infrastructure delivery to support and stimulate economic growth and job creation”.
Day 2 (Friday 21 May):
- Lekha Allopi (Project Executive: Development Planning, eThekwini Municipality): “Creating a culture of growth-related decision making”.
- Professor Brian Kantor (Chairperson: Research Institute, Investec Wealth, and Investment): “Budgeting for growth at local municipality level”.
For the full two-day programme and to see the list of other speakers, panellists and facilitators, as well as to register for the event, click here.