The Africa Summit of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) will reconvene for the fourth consecutive year in Sandton come May this year.
The summit will take place at Sun International’s Maslow Hotel from the 30th to the 31st of May. A must-attend event for professionals in the built environment from the African continent, the summit aims to bring business, thought leaders, policy makers and other key influencers together under one roof with heavyweight sponsors, Broll Property Group, Cushman & Wakefield Excellerate and Colliers International.
“The Africa Summit is RICS’ major annual event on the continent, highlighting the organisation’s commitment and confidence in Africa. As one of the events on the global RICS calendar, this year’s summit will follow the RICS World Built Environment Forum that takes place in London in April” says TC Chetty, RICS’ Country Manager for South Africa.
“The 2018 edition of the RICS Africa Summit will have a renewed focus on urbanisation, taking a closer look at smart urbanism and sustainability. We are expecting more than 200 professionals, business and government leaders to attend the two-day event, as we build on our collaborative efforts with property institutions and associations across Africa. We want to work together to accelerate the professionalism of land, construction and property sectors on the continent, ultimately contributing to Africa’s growth and infrastructure development.”
Confirmed speakers and participants in the summit include:
- Siyabonga Gama, Group Chief Executive of Transnet;
- John Hughes, President of RICS;
- Adama Deen, Senior Advisor on Strategic Infrastructure Initiatives at the New Partnership for African Development;
- Ana Hajduka, Founder and CEO of Africa Green Co;
- Linda Mabhena-Olagunju, Founder and MD, DLO Energy Resource Group;
- Susan Turner, Managing Director, Knight Frank South Africa;
- Adeniyi Adeleye, Head Real Estate Finance – West Africa at Stanbic IBTC Capital;
- Mark Walley, RICS’ Regional Managing Director for Europe, Middle-East and Africa;
- SF van der Linde, Client Director of Property at Aurecon and its Our African City initiative;
- Rockson Kwesi Dogbegah, Vice President of the Chartered Institute of Building Africa and Executive Chairman of Berock Ventures Limited;
- Sheila Kaijuka, Founding Partner of Ridge Consulting;
- Ivan Cornet, Managing Partner of Latitude Five and;
- Stephen Ola Jagun, Managing Partner at Jagun Associates, amongst others.
The event includes a Technical Tour and opening dinner on 30 May, while the full-day conference takes place on 31 May. Details for the building tour and complete conference programme are being finalised.
“We are looking forward to welcoming delegates from across Africa, as well as Europe and other parts of the world to the fourth RICS Africa Summit in Johannesburg. Delegates can look forward to insightful speakers, panel discussions and networking at the summit. We’ve moved the event to May and expect even greater interest this year. More speakers are on the cards and will be confirmed in the finalised programme,” says Chetty.
The RICS Africa Summit is supported by the International Facilities Management Association. Sponsorship, exhibition and other partnership opportunities are available for the summit to businesses, associations and other organisations operating in the in built environment space.