Sandton Central’s public safety ambassadors, or Men in Red as they are affectionately known, are on the frontline of creating an excellent experience in Sandton Central for everyone, whether you live, work, visit or invest in South Africa’s financial hub.
Sandton Central employs a team of 56 public safety ambassadors, 5 patrol cars and 27 cleaning staff, 24-hours a day, seven days a week. They focus solely on crime prevention, cleaning, maintenance and landscaping.
Elaine Jack, City Improvement District Manager of the Sandton Central Management District (SCMD), which manages the public urban spaces of South Africa’s cosmopolitan centre of trade, ideas and lifestyle, says: “Sandton Central strives to provide an exceptional experience. We are serious about securing the improvement district and creating a safe, clean and well-managed environment. Our Men in Red are proudly at the forefront of our public safety and cleanliness programme.”
Sandton Central’s Men in Red:
- Give consistent supportive, friendly, professional and efficient service.
- Keep a sharp eye on public services in the area. The public safety ambassadors report and monitor any issues. This means quick response times to issues like potholes, burst water pipes and traffic signals that aren’t working.
- Provide visible policing and surveillance in the public space. The Men in Red identify, monitor and report to the authorities all crime related issues.
- Offer knowledgeable assistance about facilities, places and services in Sandton Central.
- Act as proud ambassadors for Sandton Central.
The passionate and professional service of its public safety ambassadors is one way in which Sandton Central supports its position as the country’s leading centre of finance, fashion and fun.
“We are proud of our Men in Red. They provide a bright, friendly point of engagement with the improvement district. They set the example and send the message that Sandton Central is a well-managed public space,” concludes Jack.