British American Tobacco (BAT) invited Property Wheel to the opening of their new corporate headquarters at the V&A Waterfront. Historically based in Stellenbosch, this JSE-listed company has recently made the move to Cape Town, to the V&A Waterfront’s newly developed Canal District.
The company moved into 8 000 m² of the newly constructed Waterway House at the end of October 2016.
WATERWAY HOUSE FACTS
· The new offices will allow an abundant flow of fresh air to keep the building cool in hot summer months
· Offices have been designed to make the most of natural daylight and to maximise the wraparound scenic views
· The built-in acoustic control to achieve a reduction in noise levels
· Environmental features include:
· Solar roof panels
· Rainwater harvesting across the site in a special 210m³ storage facility
· Low-flow fittings that will greatly reduce consumption of potable water
· The facades have been specially designed to reduce the amount of heat ingress by shading the windows with a saw tooth facade design that incorporates performance double glazing.