Role: Sales Manager – Property Finance Cape
Clocktower Building, V&A Waterfront
Closing Date: 10 February 2016
|SALES MANAGER – PROPERTY FINANCE CAPE|
|The role is responsible for leading and managing a team of property finance specialists as well as facilitating the sourcing of new commercial and industrial property finance transactions, and ensuring that existing Property Finance clients are maintained, while actively growing a new client base through innovative deal-making and product structuring.
Key Performance Areas
· Achieve and / or exceed financial targets by effective acquisition of commercial and industrial property finance deals and management of the book / portfolio.
Deal Creation / Client Acquisition
· Develop strong relationships with clients, property brokers, estate agents and any other deal referral channels / agents within region and initiate new business with them.
· Continuously look for creative approaches to put deals on the book.
· Have adequate insight into financing instruments to create deals.
· Go out of the way (but with risk management related parameters) to ensure that deals are booked.
· Build and maintain existing relationship with established clients within region, retaining and optimising existing business opportunities.
· Add value in dealing with clients.
· Provide internal and external client satisfaction by ensuring operational excellence in dealing with client queries.
· Identify new business opportunities within different divisions of Nedbank.
|Compliance / Risk Management
· Identify inherent and potential risk in the property market within the region.
· Continuously evaluate and mitigate the credit risk embedded within the environment and deals, to derive the maximum risk and return situation.
· Effectively manage a team of relationship managers by monitoring and ensuring effective staff performance and motivation.
· Implement effective capacity management in order to drive talent management, business continuity and training and development.
· Ensure that the systems, processes and willingness exist for human capital development.
· To manage and leverage knowledge.
· Grow the intellectual property of the sales team.
|Degree in commerce, business or property.
|Job Related Experience||· At least five years’ experience in the financial services/commercial and industrial property industries, preferably in a sales/client relationship role.
· Experience in property development, financing and structures.
· Experience in client acquisition and sales.
|Technical Competencies||· Property finance industry knowledge
· Ability to structure commercial property finance transactions by considering property risk, tenant risk, business risk and appropriate cash flow modelling.
· Strong financial analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Understanding of risk within Property Finance
· Micro- and macro-economic trends
· Financial and business acumen
· Property legislation and basic commercial law
· Report writing
|Behavioural Competencies||· Building a Successful Team
· Building Strategic Working Relationships
· Customer Focus
· Decision Making
· Initiating Action
· Managing Performance
· Managing Work
· Negotiation Skills
|Required Industry Acumen||Property / Property Finance|
|HR Contact Person||Nobuntu Nqandende|