Role: Property Partners Investment Analyst (Property Finance at Nedbank)
Closing date: 05 February 2016
Clocktower Building, V&A Waterfront
|Property Partners Investment Analyst|
|To support the Cape Investment Team on commercial property and related transactions with financial analytics, modelling, research on developments, markets, trends and nodes, deal management and including reporting on costs and payments, progress (on site construction). Leasing, land assembly and rights, etc, legal risk management and structuring of equity transactions for profitable investment decisions.|
Key Performance Areas
|Revenue Generation :
• Includes asset growth and investment returns.
• Deliver Book Growth, unfunded income and cross-sell within the Division.
Asset & Risk Management:
• Model, research and analyse investment opportunities to support effect execution of transactions.
• Perform due diligence on prospective equity partners in terms of financial, legal and property risk aspects.
• Conduct risk management analysis on new and existing equity partners.
• Apply appropriate procedures to mitigate investment risk.
• Operating & transacting risks are managed at targeted levels driven by internal & external guidelines & regulatory / compliance / governance requirements.
• Aligning legal requirements and accounting principles in terms of generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
Deal & Portfolio Management :
• Analyse financial information to forecast business, industry, regulatory and economic conditions.
• Interpret financial data concerning price, yield, stability and future trends for investment opportunity.
• Conduct research into market trends, targeted clients and sector analysis, as well as latest tax, JSE regulation and legislation.
• Design financial models of varying degrees of complexity and sophistication for advisory and negotiation purposes.
• Appropriate deal structuring on equity transactions.
• Liaise with Property Finance lending business to align finance and investment decisions to enhance optimum returns for Nedbank.
• Provide outstanding service in terms of turnaround times.
• Provide best advice at all times both externally to clients and internally within the division.
• Add value in dealing with clients.
• As a co-investor with clients, to adopt a “Portfolio approach” by bringing expertise on investment.
• To bring in the necessary technical expertise for guidance where necessary.
|•Tertiary qualification e.g. B. Com or equivalent financial qualification.|
|Job Related Experience||• Min 2 years’ experience in structuring equity transactions.
• At least 2 years working in property industry, particular emphasis on Investment and Portfolio Analysis
|Technical Competencies||•Property industry & Market Knowledge
• Micro and Macro economic trends
•Knowledge of commercial and property Law
•Knowledge of bank compliance
•Investment Analysis Acumen
•Knowledge of property risk & assessment
• Computer Literacy
|Required Industry Acumen||•General knowledge of Banking and Property Industry|
|HR Contact Person||Nobuntu Nqandende|