Role: Senior Valuations & Project Co-ordination Manager at Nedbank CIB
Business Unit: Property Finance Cape
Nedbank Clocktower Building, V&A Waterfront
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
|Job Title||Senior Valuations & Project Co-ordination Manager|
|Job Purpose||To ensure the accuracy, validity and reliability of commercial, industrial and specialised property valuations for the sustainability and growth of the book in the region, and to manage the Valuations and Project Co-ordination Department.|
|Key Performance Areas||Valuers’ Productivity
• Ensure that the valuations department’s resources are correctly applied to produce all valuations within the prescribed turnaround time.
• Allocate work and keep a register to provide monthly reports on individual and team productivity
• Review and assess the performance of the external valuation panel so that the region can place reliance on their valuations.
• To understand and analyse risk in the property market, and properties being valued.
• The identification of alternative and optimal risk mitigants to promote solutioning.
• Drive the development of alternative solutions, risk mitigation and informed decision-making.
Quality and Accuracy of Valuations
• Manage a team of valuers and project co-ordinator/s to provide a quality valuations service to the region.
• Ensure that valuations are of a professional quality.
• Personally value/take control of specialist valuation reports to ensure accuracy.
Accuracy of Building and Development Loan requirements
• Control and manage all building loan requirements, including reporting on feasibility studies and progress payments for the Residential Development portfolio and Property Finance building bonds.
• Assess actual project status versus budget, and overall delivery risk.
• Determine and quantify gap between actual and planned project status.
Project Management Aspect:
• Assess and verify the building cost estimate presented by the developers, and manage progress payments.
• Keep up-to-date with changes in building costs, viability, financing, structuring of development loans and management of property developments.
• Ensure all Bank and statutory conditions are met prior to payment.
|• Overall Management of projects until final completion.
• Ensure that proactive contact is maintained with developers, joint-venture partners and builders to keep abreast of the project status.
• Provide internal and external client satisfaction by ensuring operational excellence in dealing with client queries.
• Attend committee credit meetings when complex/large new businesses are listed for approval, and be able to defend valuation reports submitted.
• Provide added value input from a valuation’s perspective at credit meetings.
• Manage a team of Valuers and Quantity Surveyors/PC-O’s by monitoring and ensuring effective staff performance and motivation.
• Implement effective capacity management in order to drive talent management, business continuity, and training and development.
• Ensure that the systems, processes and willingness exist for human capital development.
• Manage and leverage knowledge.
• Grow the intellectual property of the Valuations team.
|Essential Qualifications||Diploma in Property Valuations, or BSc Degree in Real Estate, majoring in Property Valuations|
|Certificate||Professional Valuer registered with SA Council of Valuers.
Member of the Institute of Valuers or the Black Valuers Association.
|Job Related Experience||At least seven years valuations experience within the Property Finance domain is preferable.
Relevant managerial experience.
|Technical Competencies||• Valuation techniques and models.
• Financial accounting.
• Knowledge of the commercial property market and property financing.
• Knowledge of risk and risk assessment.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of town planning criteria, environment law, building and civils contracts.
• KNOWLEDGE OF FOLLOWING BUSINESS PROCESSES
• Valuation processes.
• Project co-ordination processes.
• Building loan draw-down processes.
• Credit approval process.
• Basel II processes.
• SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE
• MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
• Valuation systems.
• Internet Explorer
|Behavioural Competencies||• Building Strategic Working Relationships.
• Building a Successful Team.
• Client Focus.
• Initiating Action.
• Information Monitoring.
• Decision Making.
• Quality Orientation.
• Living the Nedbank Values
|Required Industry Acumen||• Banking / Financial services industry.
• Property Finance Industry.
|TO APPLY, please contact||Nobuntu Nqandende|