Role: Lending Analyst (Property Finance)
Closing date: 11 December 2015
Clocktower Building, V&A Waterfront
|To manage a portfolio of Key Client / Transactional accounts in conjunction with the Senior Relationship Manager, ensuring that existing clients are retained and business potential is optimised through the efficient analysis and administration of new and existing deals, thereby deriving maximum profitable/return for the bank. To ensure that Nedbank Property Finance remains the dominant player in the Corporate and Commercial Property Finance market through innovative deal making and product structuring.|
Key Performance Areas
· Assist the Relationship Manager in achieving and/or exceeding financial targets by effective management of the Book / Portfolios.
Client Retention and Client Satisfaction
· Build and maintain existing relationship with established clients, retaining and optimising existing business opportunities.
· Continuously look for creative approaches to put deals on the book, in conjunction with the Manager.
· Provide internal and external client satisfaction by ensuring operational excellence in dealing with client queries.
· Identify inherent and potential risk in the property market.
· Continuously evaluate and mitigate the credit risk embedded within the environment and deal, to derive the maximum risk and return situation.
· Assist in the compilation of Basel/RORAC/NGR report for individual deals.
· To manage the Basel processes and ensure compliance in terms of the prescribed procedures in order to determine and minimise the overall risk to the Bank.
· Focus on own development and continued learning.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times; take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management/development.
· Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
· Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not being met and provide appropriate means of resolution.
· Support and drive the business’s core values, maintain a positive attitude, respond to feedback, take ownership for own career development.
· Manage colleagues and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately
· Willing to help others and go the extra mile to meet team targets and objectives.
· Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact on the team.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the Sales team.
|Matric certificate, Finance, Business or BSc degree in Property degree.|
|Job Related Experience||Financial and or Credit analysis experience. Good knowledge and understanding of current economic environment underlying to the Property Market and Banking Industry.
|Technical Competencies||• Knowledge of Property Finance Industry and Market.
• Knowledge of Macro and Micro Economic Trends.
• Financial and Business acumen.
• Understanding of Risk within the Property Finance environment.
• Knowledge of basic commercial and property law.
• Knowledge of bank compliance requirements
• Companies Act.
|Behavioural Competencies||• Building Trust.
• Customer Focus.
• Decision Making.
• Initiating Action.
• Planning and Organising.
• Work Standards.
• Living the Values
|Required Industry Acumen|
|HR Contact Person||Nobuntu Nqandende|