The City of Cape Town reminds all property marketing agents and auctioneers that they will again be required to register individually with the municipality for permission to display property marketing boards and directional signage on City property from 1 July 2014.
Each agent will be required to pay an annual application and permit fee (for their six permit stickers) of R1 714,40 (including VAT) for the 2014/2015 financial year.
The period for registration starts on 1 July 2014 and ends on 31 July 2014.
Upon application, the City will issue six permit stickers per agent for the year.
Each sticker, which is uniquely numbered, must be displayed on any directional board for the duration of the year. Faded or damaged stickers will be replaced at no cost on presentation of the originals.
The standard conditions for directional boards still apply. Signs displayed on the private property being marketed, and not exceeding 0,3m² in size, will not require permit stickers.
Registration forms can be downloaded from the City’s website on www.capetown.gov.za/EnvironmentAndHeritage or obtained by e-mailing Shanaaz.Chetty@capetown.gov.za or by phoning 021 400 6611.
Agents can obtain their six permit stickers from the following offices:
· Cape Town – Media City, 2nd Floor, corner of Hertzog Boulevard and Heerengracht Street
· South Peninsula – Plessey Building, 3 Victoria Road, corner of Main Road, Plumstead
· Kraaifontein – Civic Centre, Brighton Road
· Helderberg – Helderberg municipal office, corner of Fagan Street and Main Road, Strand
· Blaauwberg – Milnerton Civic Centre, 87 Pienaar Road, Milnerton
· Parow – Civic Centre, corner of Voortrekker Road and Tallent Street
· Athlone – Ledger House, corner of Aden Street and George Street
· Khayelitsha – Stocks and Stocks Building, Ntlakhohlaza Street