Jones Lang LaSalle South Africa are global commercial property transactors and advisors who specialise in Corporate Solutions, Capital Markets, Tenant Representation, Office Leasing, Industrial Leasing, Valuations and Research.
The research team presents its Q2 2013 report on the Johannesburg Commercial Real Estate market . Main findings of the report are as follows:
- Increasing costs pressure continue to burden the South African business community and the already indebted consumers
- High operating costs are causing tenants to continually scrutinise costs.
- There is increasing commitment to development projects in sought after areas
- Vacancies expected to increase further in the office market due to increased office supply
- Contrary to the office sector, there is limited choice for industrial units as vacancies are declining. However current demand for prime product is not translating into higher rentals as occupiers are cautious of high costs.
To access the report please click here.