The City of Cape Town launched its latest environmental resource – the Smart Office Toolkit – today, 22 April 2013. The launch aptly coincides with Earth Day and the start of Green Office Week.
The comprehensive and user-friendly Smart Office Toolkit will assist individuals and organisations to green their workplaces.
“Through training staff at various organisations with our Smart Living Handbook over the past few years, we became aware of the demand for a resource that was more focused on greening the office environment. Thanks to our generous sponsors: Pick n Pay, Eskom, Santam and the Clicks Group – who also recognised this need – we have not only been able to produce a handbook, but a comprehensive Smart Office Toolkit,” said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Economic, Environmental and Spatial Planning, Councillor Garreth Bloor.
This toolkit is based on the four smart living themes of energy, waste, water and biodiversity. It is designed to assist in identifying:
· what you can do to green your office;
· developing a process for implementing a sustainability strategy;
· learning practical tips;
· planning a successful and cost-effective approach to addressing environmental issues in the workplace;
· compiling an environmental policy and strategy that is relevant to your business and of interest to your clients and stakeholders;
· and exploring further options for implementing sustainability through brief introductions to eco-procurement, green building and eco-driving
The Smart Living series consists of the Smart Living Handbook, Smart Events Handbook, Smart Building Handbook, Smart Eating Toolkit (for schools) and now the Smart Office Toolkit.
To download the Smart Office Toolkit, please visit www.capetown.gov.za/