Date(s) - 07 Aug '18 - 08 Aug '18
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP) will be hosting its annual convention taking place between 7-8 August 2018. This year’s theme ‘The New Normal’ is geared towards addressing the contentious debate surrounding land reform in South Africa and how it will be implemented or affect the property sector and other stakeholders.
The upcoming 2018 SAIBPP Annual Convention will provide a much-needed platform for professionals within the South African property industry to not only network and share information but to also engage in meaningful dialogue around transformation within the industry. Hot topics to be discussed include:
- Impact of land reform on Property valuations and the commercial property sector.
- Inner city redevelopment and urban land expropriation.
- B-BBEE legislation and the state of transformation in the property sector.
- State of the economy and its impact on the sector.
- Innovation, technology and the 4th industrial revolution.
- Driving entrepreneurship.
- Spatial transformation: Stimulating development and investment in the township and rural areas.
- Integrated human settlement: The New Normal.
The 2018 SAIBPP Annual Convention speakers and panellists include a range of key industry stakeholders and decision makers from public and private sector, and funding institutions.
“SAIBPP’s mandate is to drive transformation within the sector, so it is therefore only fitting that we face burning issues head on and find ways to open discussions that affect us all. We are therefore proud to announce that attendees can also look forward to keynote addresses delivered by the Deputy Minister of Land Reform Honourable Mr Mcebisi Skhwatsha amongst others,” says SAIBPP President, Nkuli Bogopa.
The SAIBPP Awards Dinner will wrap up the two-day programme convention and plenary sessions where industry professionals, will once again honour property industry leaders that have excelled in their respective disciplines and companies that have succeeded in demonstrating a commitment to transformation.
7th of August (Day 1): 3 Lower Road, Cnr West Rd South, Morningside, Sandton.
8th of August (Day 2): Industrial Development Corporation – 19 Fredman Drive, Sandton.